Tuesday 21 June 2016

What's Inside My Travel Bag

For todays blog post I took my pictures outside in my garden because natural lighting for the win! But if any of my neighbours saw me they'll definitely think I am nuts haha. Yolo. I'm still trying to master the art which is the flat lay, one day I will get it, today is not that day!

I don't actually go on holiday until September, but as holiday season is upon us and I am sure a lot of you will be heading on holiday before I do, I thought I'd share with you what I take in my travel bag. 

Okay, so I know this isn't exactly the most stylish bag but I hate having to lug around a heavy bag that is full to the brim (which it always is) and end up having a sore shoulder and back, not a great way to start a holiday! I realise I sound like a granny here so lets skip past that and get into my bag.

First up it's an obvious one - passport, tickets and hotel confirmation. These three things are the absolute essentials and I always pack these things first. Often I'll actually put them in a wallet so they are all easy to hand. 

The next thing I make sure to have is my purse with my foreign currency for whichever country I am heading to, this time round it's Cyprus and I cant wait! I also make sure I have some sterling with me for the standard W H Smith splurge on books, magazine and snacks, ALL THE SNACKS! Graze lemon flapjack I'm looking at you! If you haven't tried them yet you have to! They are like a party in your mouth! 

Headphones and a headphone splitter is a holiday travel bag essential if you are travelling with someone else. Often my boyfriend and I will watch films/TV programmes off our iPad to pass the time but it's so much better to watch with someone else. 

I always  have sunglasses with me in my everyday day but travelling somewhere warm it's even more essential! My eyes are really sensitive to the sun, even on a bright day my eyes will start watering even if the sun isn't actually out! And sunglasses make any outfit look stylish which is a winner for me, especially as I practically travel in my pyjamas, comfort is key! 

I tend to not take any make up with me in my travel bag but will sometimes take a brightly coloured nail polish (like this Essie one in Sunday Funday, you read my thought on this nail polish here) for a last minute mani if I've run out of time for getting ready (which is usually every time). Although I do try and have my feet done before travelling abroad, nobody wants horrible feet at the beach! I am even thinking about getting a manicure done professionally this year as a treat for my feet, ohhhh. Has anyone had a gel polish on their feet? Does it really ruin your toes?

I will always have a magazine with me too but as mentioned before I will buy this at the airport, it's a bit of a novelty.


 What's inside your travel bag? Is there anything I have forgotten? 

Love, 

Sophie x 

5 comments:

  1. I love the backpack - Superdry have some amazing ones too!! xx

    www.gatsbyandglamour.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I've not seen the ones from Superdry, must take a look!

      Delete
  2. Love.
    www.rsrue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete